There are a number of excellent state and local agencies in Wisconsin that can help you develop export sales.
WEDC provides export assistance and trade promotion services to companies all along the export continuum…from new-to-export and new-to-market to more advanced and experienced exporters. WEDC’s services include:
- Export development and consulting services provided by Wisconsin-based staff specializing in different parts of the world
- ExporTech™, delivered in partnership by the Wisconsin Manufacturing Extension Partnership and the Northwest Wisconsin Manufacturing Outreach Center
- A network of authorized trade representatives that can conduct market assessments, partner searches, and business meeting facilitation activities in nearly 100 countries around the world countries
- Global Trade Ventures that make it easier to travel to key markets and meet with potential partners and customers
- International Market Access Grant Program that provides funding to support a company’s specific export development and deployment strategy
International Agribusiness Center, Wisconsin Department of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection (DATCP)
The staff at the International Agribusiness Center provides technical expertise and market development initiatives to Wisconsin’s food and agricultural companies to aid the growth of Wisconsin agriculture through increased exports and the development of trade enhancing partnerships. The staff uses client feedback, global trends, market and export data to establish criteria for identifying target markets and activities.
ExporTech™ is a strategic planning process for C-suite executives who want to proactively, not reactively, target the next best global markets. ExporTech™ reduces the risk and increases success by incorporating best practices into an international expansion strategy and action plan vetted by real-world exporting experts. Customized to take each company to their next level of export profits, it works in seamless alignment with the WEDC, the US Commercial Service Wisconsin, incorporating all grant funding and Wisconsin’s best export resources. Started in 2010, Wisconsin’s ExporTech™ program leads the nation in average +$1 mil new revenue business results year one; and has been named the “Best In the Nation” by the US Dept of Commerce. It is the only program in the nation with 7 Wisconsin Governor’s Export Award winners, 4 US Dept of Commerce President’s E-Award winners; and 2 President’s E-Star winners; given for substantial export revenue increases year-over-year.
The WTA is the Midwest’s largest and most experienced network of exporters, importers, suppliers, service providers and trade representatives from businesses, educational institutions and government alike. The WTA links companies and individuals with common interests and provides relevant educational programs, webinars, events and peer exchange forums you won’t find anywhere else.
The Madison International Trade Association is a Madison, Wisconsin based organization whose mission is to foster understanding of the issues, practices, information, legislation and trends that affect and influence all aspects of international trade. MITA has a simple goal: to connect and provide global know-how and resources to its members. MITA provides current, relevant and vital global and international trade information to the organizations and individuals looking to expand their international reach. From trade agreements to export documentation to economic trends and prevailing world issues, MITA keeps its members “in the know.” Our membership includes a broad spectrum of professionals interested in and involved with international trade. Our membership, meetings and information are open to all interested parties.
ICE helps exporters with key elements to be successful in the global marketplace:
- Understanding the economic and political conditions in your markets
- Meeting customer needs for credit terms and sales financing
- Maximizing sales and profits by making sound business decisions
- Networking with professionals engaged in international business.
ICE offers solutions & tools to realize sales & profits. Members “roll-up their sleeves” and engage with manufacturing and service industry experts to share expertise and experience. Learning and networking are key elements of the ICE Group.
The Wisconsin SBDC Network supports entrepreneurs and business owners through no-cost, confidential consulting and business education across 13 locations. The network’s international trade certified consultants can assist with import/export documentation, shipping logistics/distribution, trade grants, market intelligence/data and e-commerce considerations.