Efficient shipping of your export products is absolutely critical if you are to be competitive. To oversee the process you also need to understand the basics of shipping, and documentation.
Here are links to some critical shipping and logistics information:
- Export documentation: Whenever you sell, ship, or deliver products overseas, paperwork is needed to document the process. Here we explain some common forms you are likely to encounter.
- Incoterms webinar: These internationally standardized terms define the responsibilities of exporters and importers for various phases of the shipping process. They also clarify pricing, by spelling-out who is responsible for which shipping costs.
- Pre-shipment inspection: A Pre-Shipment Inspection (PSI) may be required by your overseas customers to certify the quality, quantity, or value of the goods you are shipping.
- Regulations and compliance: Let’s be honest, there are a lot of bad actors in the world — countries, companies, and individuals. So, the US Government has created a series export controls that prohibit or limit export sales to them.
- Freight forwarders: Freight forwarders are key members of your international team. If chosen carefully, a forwarder will help you manage your export shipments and make your business venture successful.